When we are working hard and coming into the winter season, it is all too easy for us to slip into bad habits with our diet and end up eating pasta and pizza every night to warm the cockles.
However staying healthy is important even during the winter, and as we start to come closer to Christmas – we want to make the right choices such as Eating healthier in the office and meal prepping where we can to avoid ordering food out.
Today we want to share a couple of healthy recipes that you can make this week that will provide amazing dinners as well as a healthy start to your day.
This veggie packed meal can be eaten as a simple lunch time meal prep or can be a great family meal midweek. The great thing about this is you can mix and match the veggies you add depending on what you have in the house.
- 400g spinach and ricotta tortellini
- 400ml tomato sauce
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 courgette
- 1 aubergine
- 1 carrot
- 1 red bell pepper
- Shredded Vegan Parmesan for serving
- Chop up all of your veggies and add to a baking sheet. You can season with salt, pepper, and olive oil and then roast for 45 minutes.
- Add your tortellini to a pan with boiling water and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and add back to the pan with all of your other ingredients.
- Mix well and serve.
- Sprinkle some Parmesan on for salty flavour.
Some of the foods you eat or drinks you enjoy will not be a full meal, and this homemade ginger shot will give you a boost every morning and will boost your metabolism ready for a healthy day of eating.
- 1 ginger root
- 1 lemon
- 150ml coconut water
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Peel your ginger root. The easiest way to do this is by using the back of a spoon.
- Add your ginger, coconut water, cayenne pepper, and lemon juice into a blender and blender for a few minutes until smooth.
- There will likely be some stringy ginger bits left in the mixture, so run your shot through a sieve to get rid of any large pieces.
- Drink 50ml in the morning before you start your day.
Vegan “Chicken” Parmesan
Vegan Chicken Parmesan doesn’t always have to be a fatty meal. Try swapping it for tofu. This simple and less fatty version is much healthier and can be easily made during the week and can even be used as meal prep additions.
- 1 block firm tofu, diced
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp basil
- Tomato sauce
- Vegan Mozzarella
- Vegan Parmesan
- Season the tofu with salt and pepper. Sprinkle some flour and cornflour on each breast.
- Heat up a pan with some oil. Add your tofu and fry for a few minutes on each side.
- Add the chicken to a baking dish and spoon on some tomato sauce, followed by some mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the oven until bubbling and melted.
- Add some basil to garnish and then serve with a fresh salad.
All of these recipes are achievable during your busy week and they will add some healthy and delicious foods to your menu.